Transparency is at the centre of all we do, including our prices. Our transparent pricing policy allows you to consider the costs of production and the proportion this comprises in the final sale price.
Our intention in this is simple: offer you an informed choice that places quality at the heart of your purchase decision.
What are the factors that determine the price of a shoe?
At Maguire, we have succeeded in eliminating some of the non-essential elements which add to the cost of a shoe. Our final production costs vary as a function of the following factors:
- Manufacturing, including cost of materials, packaging, production and labour.
- Freight transportation (from the factory to us), a factor which varies widely according to the country of origin.
- Import duties and taxes, which vary as per specific trade agreements between countries and factory certifications.
- Delivery (from us to you), which we offer at no added cost but nevertheless incurs some cost to us.
- Our own operating overhead, including design and product development, admin, rent, etc.
How do I find the transparent price of a product?
The proportions of each of these elements are calculated as percentages for each manufacturer. Here’s an example: