Returns & Exchanges
Although we always want you to love your new purchase, we understand that sometimes it’s not the right fit.
To be eligible for a return, the item must be in its original packaging, unworn, and in the condition it was received in.
If the product is not in its original state or has been worn, we will be unable to accept returns or exchanges for incorrect size selection. We are not responsible for personal injury resulting from the wear of our products and/or incorrect size selection. Please note that the shipping fees from the original order are non-refundable.
Regular priced items
- From the date of delivery, merchandise can be returned within 30 days and refunded back to your original form of payment.
- Returns and exchanges are free of charge in the United States.
- For international orders, returns and exchanges are at the customer’s expense.
- Refunds to store credit or exchanges are accepted for purchases of discounted items. However, these procedures are only possible within 10 days following the reception of the order.
- Shipping charges for returns by mail are at the customer’s expense.
- Please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request returns of sale merchandise.
Initiate a US return
In store (Free)
Drop by our New York boutique and we’ll process the return free of charge. Click here for address and business hours.
- Once our team has approved your request (1-2 business days), you will receive the shipping label by email. Print the return label in the email attachment.
- Place the shoes in their original box. Ship the box in a bag. A repacking fee of $5 applies for significant damage to the shoe box or if the shoe box has been used as the shipping box.
- Affix the shipping label to the outside of the parcel.
- Bring the parcel to a UPS service counter or arrange an at-home pick up.
- Once the returned item has been received and inspected by our team, you will receive an email confirmation, and a refund will be issued via the original payment method.
For an item purchased on Madewell
Contact us at email@example.com to receive your prepaid return shipping label and your commercial invoices. From there, our team will assist you through the return procedure.
How do I exchange an item?
Our inventory system does not process exchanges. If you wish to exchange an item, follow the return procedure above, and then place a new order for the item you wish to purchase.
Once we have received and inspected the returned item, our team will send a confirmation by email and a refund will be issued by the original payment method. If you paid delivery fees for the original order, please contact our team and we will be happy to offer you free delivery on your new order.
How do I return an international order?
To initiate an international return, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org . From there, our team will assist you through the return procedure.
Can I return an online order in store, and/or vice versa?
Exchanges: Yes, no problem!
Returns: All online purchases can be returned at our New York City store. However, in-store purchases can not be reimbursed online, as refunds can only be granted through original payment method. If you are unable to visit one of our stores, a store credit can be issued for a mail-in return.
Does the same policy apply to pre-ordered items?
Yes. You have 30 days from the date of reception of the item to issue a return or an exchange.
If I bought an item and the price was reduced shortly after, can I get a price adjustment?
Yes, we will adjust the price on a product if the purchase was made within 14 days of purchase and the product is still in stock. To process your price adjustment, contact our team at email@example.com within the 14-day period mentioned above.I wore an item a few times, and then realized I got the wrong size.
Can I return the item?
Unfortunately, the item can not be returned as it will exhibit signs of wear, as stipulated in our return policy. To be eligible for a return, an item must be in its original condition and packaging.