Returns & Exchanges
To be eligible for a return, an item must be in the same condition as it was received. It must not be used, and be in the original packaging.
If the product has been worn or used, no returns or exchanges will be honoured for incorrect size selection. We are not responsible for personal injury resulting from the use of our products and/or incorrect size selection.
Please note that all shipping fees are non-refundable.
Regular priced items
- Within 30 days following reception of order.
- Refunds will be issued by the original payment method.
- Returns and exchanges are free of charge in Canada and the USA, and at customer’s expense (by mail) for all international orders.
Sample Sale & Archive Sale
- Sales are final.
Our inventory system does not process exchanges. If you wish to exchange an item you have purchased, follow the instructions below to make a return, and then place a new order for the replacement item immediately while it is still in stock.
Once we have received and inspected the returned item, our team will send a confirmation by email and a refund will be issued by the original payment method. If you have paid delivery costs for the original order, write to our team and we will be happy to offer you free delivery on your exchange.
How do I return an item in the United States?
By mail - UPS:
- Click here to request your prepaid return shipping label.
- Replace the shoes in their original box. Protect the box in a bag. A repacking fee of $5 applies for returns in damaged boxes.
- Affix the shipping label to the outside of the parcel.
- Bring the parcel to a UPS service counter or arrange for at-home pick up.
- Once the returned item has been received and inspected by our team, you will receive an email confirmation, and a refund will be issued via the original payment method.
How do I return an item purchased on Madewell?
Contact us at email@example.com to receive your prepaid return shipping label and your commercial invoices.
How do I return an item from international?
To initiate an International Return, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I return an online order in store, and/or vice versa?
Exchanges: Yes, no problem!
Returns: All online purchases can be returned in store. However, in-store purchases can not be reimbursed online, as refunds can only be granted through original payment method. If you can’t come back to store, we can offer you store credit for a mail-in return.
Does the same policy apply to pre-ordered items?
Yes. You have thirty (30) days from date of reception to make a return or exchange.
If the price of an item online does not match the price at checkout, can I get a price adjustment?
Yes, we will adjust the price on a product if the purchase was made within fourteen (14) days and the product is still in stock. To obtain your price adjustment, contact our team at email@example.com within the fourteen day period mentioned above.
I wore an item a couple times, and then realized I got the wrong size.
Unfortunately, this item can not be returned as it will exhibit signs of wear, as stipulated in our return policy. To be eligible for a return, an item must be in its original condition and packaging.